Recipe by KlynnPadilla
From The Congo Cookbook; posted for ZWT 4 / Africa. Servings and cooking times are a guess; I will update when I have made the recipe.
- 2 lbs stew meat, cut into large bite-sized pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 jalapeno chile, cleaned and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped (or canned tomatoes)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- african hot sauce or cayenne pepper or red pepper
- black pepper
- 3 mint leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, bring the meat to a boil in a inch of water. Cover and reduce heat.
- While the meat is cooking, make a sauce by combining all the remaining ingredients in a separate pot. Bring to a slow boil. Turn off heat.
- Add the sauce to the meat. Simmer until meat is done, and then simmer some more.