Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different way to try beef.
- 10 ounces beef tenderloin, cut into one inch thick slices
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup cooked noodles or 1 cup long-grain rice
- On rack in broiling pan, broil tenderloin slices 2-4 inches from heat source, turning once until rare.
- While meat is broiling, in 9" skillet, heat margarine until bubbly and hot.
- Add onion and garlic, and saute until onion is translucent (about 2 minutes).
- Add mushrooms, and cook stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir quickly to combine, gradually stir in broth.
- Add tomato paste and cook, stirring constantly until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove skillet from heat, and stir in yogurt, pepper and parsley.
- Add meat and cook just until heated through, do not boil.
- Serve over hot noodles or rice.