3 hrs 20 mins
Nigella Lawson's Recipe. Great to cook in advance and the prunes make it sweet, but low fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1- preheat oven to Gas mark 2/150C.
- 2- pour water and stout into a bowl and soak prunes overnight
- 3- mix mustard powder into flour and coat the beef in it.
- 4- heat 1 tbsp of oil and cook the onions for about 5 minutes Stir in carrots and cook for another 5 mins.
- 5- place the vegetables in a casserole and stir in the prunes with their liquid. Add a pinch or two of salt.
- 6- Add remaining oil to frying pan and brown the meat, then add to casserole.
- 7- cover and cook in oven for 2.5 - 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef in Beer
Serving Size: 1 (551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 992.0
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 213.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 49.9 g