Entered for safe-keeping, from "Quick Cuisine" by Kuhn Rikon. This recipe calls for the vegetables and sauce to be pureed after cooking, to be used as a sauce over the meat. Personally, I would prefer it chunky. The sauce is also good served over vegetables, especially mashed potatoes. I hear Chimay beer from Belgium is the best.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef top round steak or 1 lb flank steak, pounded into thin 3x4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1Mix mustard, salt, pepper and paprika together and spread both sides of each piece of beef with mixture. (The beef can be marinated for 15 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator, covered.).
- 2In a 2-quart Pressure Frypan, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- 3Brown each piece of beef over high heat. Remove and set aside. Add more oil as needed until each piece is browned.
- 4Add a small amount of the beer to pan and stir to loosen any brown bits that may be sticking. Stir in flour and tomato paste, adding beer to make paste-like consistency.
- 5Place beef back in pan on top of the paste mixture. Add onion, carrots, leek, remaining beer and broth.
- 6Close lid and bring pressure to 1st red ring (low pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. Cook for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and use Natural Release Method.
- 8Remove beef. Puree vegetables in a food processor, blender or mill.
- 9Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 10Arrange beef on warm platter and cover with pureed vegetable sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef in Beer - 2-Qt Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 354.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g