Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Started reading the directions on the can of chili sauce, then I thought I can make that better. Really flavorful and spicy but you can adjust for your particular taste.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, cubed
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, divided use
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ground pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 2 anaheim chilies, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, small dice
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup red chili sauce
- Cube beef then dust with 2 teaspoons chili powder, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop all veggies, keep tomatoes separate and set aside.
- Heat a good heavy pot over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add oil.
- Add the beef in 3 batches and brown on all sides.
- Add all the veggies but the tomatoes. Add the last teaspoon of chili powder and stir.
- Add ¼ cup beef broth and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
- Add another ¼ cup beef broth, the tomatoes and reduce again but only until there is enough liquid to mix the flour into.
- Mix in the flour well.
- Add the remaining beef broth to make a gravy consistency.
- Add the chili sauce and mix well.
- Add the browned beef, mix well. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
OMG! Jeff, I made this with pork butt and aside from the butt smell it was great... big hit. Way to go bro.