Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty lunch time treat. Great for lunchboxes. I usually double the recipe, as they can be easily reheated in the microwave.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, etc.)
- 10 ounces refrigerated biscuits (10-12 count)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown beef, drain off fat.
- Return beef to skillet add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, onion salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Spray muffin tins with Pam*.
- Press biscuits in tin, pressing to cover bottom and sides.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup (approximately) of meat mixture into each biscuit lined cup.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Yummy! This is definately a keeper. Love to be able to freeze them for quick lunches. Thanks for sharing!
Great to make on a day when the family members arrive home at different times. Easy to make and heat up, and taste great too! Thank you : )
I needed a simple meal in a hurry and this fit the bill. We liked it, but thought it was a bit too sweet. My usual sloppy joe recipe mix might work better with its tang and less sweetness. I used Pillsbury Grands w/ a count of 8 biscuits, so I patted them into jumbo muffin tins. Thanks for sharing!