Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
I found this recipe on a Woolworths take home recipe card and adapted it for the slow cooker. You can find the original recipe on www.woolworths.com.au/foodideas.
- 750 g beef, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 410 g diced tomatoes with juice
- 310 g corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- Place beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes, corn and worcestershire sauce into crock pot.
- Sprinkle with stock cube.
- Mix, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Transfer crock pot contents to ovenproof casserole dish.
- Cover with pastry, pinching edges decoratively.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden.
The meat was quite tender and I loved the top. I added some leftover carrots to the crockpot. When I transferred the mixture to a casserole I used a slotted spoon as we don't like a lot of juice. The remaining juice would make a great gravy if thickened! I think it might need a little more bold seasoning. Made for Aussie Tag.
This turned out lovely... my husband is not a huge steak fan because he has to chew it lol, but in the crock pot it makes it soo lovely and tender... the hotpot had a lovely flavour and the lid on top added something different.... definately a keeper... thanks sussan