Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This dish is great on it's own as a main meal or served with a side.
Make and share this Beef Hot Pot recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan and brown (only) stew meat along with onions and carrots (to soften slightly); remove from pan.
- Layer sliced potatoes, onion, carrot and meat in a 3 pint casserole, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour over the stock.
- Brush the potatoes with 1 tbsp melted butter. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the hot pot from the oven. Uncover and brush the potatoes again with melted butter or dripping.
- Return to the oven for a further 30 minutes, uncovered, to brown the potatoes.
- Serve garnished with parsley.
There is a typo on the size of casserole, it should read 3 quart. I only had a 2 quart, even with this size I was able to use 5 potatoes. I was able to get this in the oven fast as I used my mandoline. This could use some more seasonings of some type. I made this for My 3 Chefs game 2007... Theme: Recipes having these words in title 'Hot Pot'