Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 hrs
Beef heart is highly nutritious and in this area is very cheap and sometimes free. I cut the slices at least 1/2" thick so the pups can chew it for a while.
- 1 beef heart
- garlic powder (optional)
- Cut the heart in 1/2" by 1/2" strips.
- sprinkle with a light dusting of garlic powder if using.
- place on dehydrator trays with plenty of room between the strips.
- dehydrate at 150F for approximately 20 hours.
- If you don't own a dehydrator, this can be done in your oven on it's lowest setting with the oven door propped open an inch or two.