Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, tasty beef hash. Men will love it, kids will eat it. Easy. Good!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs cubed beef sirloin
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1 knorr beef bouillon cube
- 1 vidalia onions or 1 other sweet onion, peeled,cubed
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled,cubed
- butter (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large frying pan for which you have a lid, heat bacon drippings over medium heat.
- Add cubed beef and brown it on all sides.
- Add water and beef bouillon cube.
- Cover with lid and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add water if needed.
- Add onion and potatoes.
- Cook another 20 minutes, or until meat is fork tender.
- Remove lid and reduce liquid during last 10 minutes of cooking, so that potatoes will brown lightly.
- Add butter if needed.
- Taste test and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.