Recipe by Little Bee
I found this on another website. I love Gyros and I have not tried this, but it looks simple and good!
Top Review by dyburchfield
These were pretty good. We tried another "gyro" recipe before with ground beef that was definitely no sub for the real thing. These were so much better. We used traditional gyro toppings and made some tzatziki sauce. Definitely great when we need to satisfy that craving.
- 1 lb beef round tip steak, cut paper thin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 pita breads, cut in half,warmed
- 2 small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- very thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup prepared cucumber ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips.
- Toss with garlic and oregano.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink.
- (Do not overcook.) Remove.
- Repeat with remaining beef.
- Return beef to skillet; heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in pita pockets with tomatoes,onions, Feta cheese, and dressing.