Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great soup for using up left-over beef.
Make and share this Beef Gumbo (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked beef, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on LOW heat setting for 8 hours.
- Stir before serving.
I made this using leftover Deer Roast Marinade. The four of us ended up eating the whole recipe, so I might consider it to serve 4-6 unless it is strictly for a soup course. I put everything in the crockpot the night before, so the okra (I used 16 oz) was thawed and therefore disintegrated a bit. I had also accidentally cooked it one hour too long. The flavor was good and everyone in my family liked it.