3 hrs 30 mins
HEP MEP's Note:
I printed this off of allrecipes.com over 2 years ago,and made it several times, until my husband said he didn't like it THAT much. I wanted it again, so I added the potatoes - then it was great! So the spuds are optional
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 (29 ounce) can roma tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- 2Pat the meat dry with paper towels and brown in batches, transferring the meat to a bowl with a slotted spoon as they are done.
- 3In the fat remaining in the pot, cook the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- 5Return meat to the pot with any juices in the bowl and add the potatoes, tomatoes with juice, chilies, beer, beef broth, oregano, cumin and Worcestershire sauce.
- 6Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 8Simmer, partially covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef, Green Chili and Tomato Stew
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.1
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 117.4 mg
- Sodium 229.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 35.1 g