Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I printed this off of allrecipes.com over 2 years ago,and made it several times, until my husband said he didn't like it THAT much. I wanted it again, so I added the potatoes - then it was great! So the spuds are optional
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 -4 red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 (29 ounce) can roma tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Pat the meat dry with paper towels and brown in batches, transferring the meat to a bowl with a slotted spoon as they are done.
- In the fat remaining in the pot, cook the onions until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Return meat to the pot with any juices in the bowl and add the potatoes, tomatoes with juice, chilies, beer, beef broth, oregano, cumin and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.