Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom made this for us kids. It uses everyday ingredients, its simple yet filling. We ate it with bread & butter. This is dinner before there was hamburger helper.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can French style green beans, drained (or 10oz. box frozen)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 potato, peeled & diced (if in a hurry you can use a 14.5oz. can of potatos drained)
- Cook ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add all ingredients, salt & pepper to taste.
- If one can of tomato sauce is not enough add another one depends on how saucy you like it.
- Cover and cook until potatos are done.
- 1/2 an hour to 45 minute.
We really liked this! I used ground turkey instead of ground beef to lower the calories and fat a bit and it was quite good. It IS kind of like hamburger helper but somehow tasted better because I felt like it was more home-made. P.S. I usually hate green beans but they really worked inthis recipe.