Top Review by Chris Reynolds
I found this to be very salty and also too thick. I think it would be a better gravy with the use of NO SALT beef granules (as suggested by Chef #714366) and about 1/3 the flour. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons Kitchen Bouquet
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry milk powder, flour, bouillon granules and thyme. Cut in butter or margarine and Kitchen Bouquet until pieces resemble cornmeal.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator up to two months.
- Beef Gravy: In saucepan slowly blend 1 cup cold water into 1/2 cup beef gravy base. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Cook 1 minute more. Makes 1 cup.