Top Review by Irish Fasnacht
Needed the gravy without cooking the meat, so I cut the water to 2 'cans' and omitted the cornstarch. I was worried that this set of ingredients would produce a salty gravy. Not the case. The mushrooms seem to do a good job of balancing the taste. Sorry if this isn't coherent,I have to rely on my typing, since an ad window is blocking my ability to see my text. :-(
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs beef round steak
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 can mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- In 6-qt stockpot, in 2 T hot oil, brown meat on all sides.
- Stir in mushroom soup, onion soup mix, mushrooms and 1 ½ cup water.
- Cover; cook 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir together cornstarch and ¼ cup water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into gravy mixture.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Excellent served with rice and biscuits.