This is a good recipe for gravy.Very simple. This gravy can be used over Salisbury Steak & mashed potatoes or for dipping your french fries in. MMMMM...so good.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together, making sure to get all visible lumps.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to turn light brown, be sure to stir constantly.
- Turn heat to low and SLOWLY add broth, stirring constantly.
- It will spit & bubble so be careful.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet.
- Turn heat back up to medium.
- Continue stirring until gravy boils and thickens.
- Makes about 2 cups.