Recipe by motherof4boys
This is a good recipe for gravy.Very simple. This gravy can be used over Salisbury Steak & mashed potatoes or for dipping your french fries in. MMMMM...so good.
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
Who needs store bought gravy when you can make this quick and simple gravy with the end result being a delicious creamy gravy! Made as written and I also used 2 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon Beef Base added to 2 cups of water and at the end added 1/2 teaspoon Gravy Master instead of the Kitchen Bouquet. Start to finish my gravy was thick and bubbly in less than 15 minutes. Thanks for posting this keeper, it will be made often. Made for the "Down on the Farm" Photo Tag 2012.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk together, making sure to get all visible lumps.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture starts to turn light brown, be sure to stir constantly.
- Turn heat to low and SLOWLY add broth, stirring constantly.
- It will spit & bubble so be careful.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet.
- Turn heat back up to medium.
- Continue stirring until gravy boils and thickens.
- Makes about 2 cups.