Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted int he November 2012 Food and Wine Magazine. Recipe by Grace Parisi.
Make and share this Beef Goulash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, chopped
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 quart low sodium beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces wide egg noodles (2 cups)
- sour cream, for serving (or Creme Fraiche)
- In large Dutch Oven or pot, heat the oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened. Add the paprika and caraway seeds and cook another minute. Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat, until no longer pink, 3 minutes. Add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes with thier juices red peppers, broth and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to boil. Cover partially and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a suacepan of salted boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain.
- Add the noodles to the soup and cook for 2 minutes. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with dollop of sour cream.