1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
A delicious hearty soup best served as a main meal with crusty bread, this is even better the next day! -- for a lighter beef flavor use 3 cups beef broth and 2 cups water, I have listed the chili flakes as optional so you may omit if desired or adjust to suit heat level, my family likes extreme heat so I use a scant tablespoonful :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 tablespoons oil (or as needed)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika, divided
- 2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks (cut into about 1/2-inch cubes)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 0.5 (6 ounce) can tomato paste (freeze the rest for another time)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 5 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large bay leaf
- 3 potatoes (peeled and cut into about 1-inch cubes)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 -2 tablespoon caraway seed
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- sour cream
- 1Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Toss the beef cubes with seasoned salt and 2 teaspoons paprika.
- 3Add to hot oil and brown on both sides; remove to a plate or bowl; set aside.
- 4Add in onions and chili flakes (if using) cook stirring for about 3-4 minutes.
- 5Add in tomato paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- 6Add in the browned beef cubes back to the pot along with bell pepper, carrots, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, cubed potatoes and remaining paprika; bring to a boil and simmer covered over medium-low heat for about 30-35 minutes.
- 7Add in crushed tomatoes and caraway seeds and 2 teaspoons sugar; cook stirring occaionally for about 30-40 minutes or until meat is desired doneness.
- 8Season with black pepper and more salt if desired.
- 9Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Goulash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 619.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 21.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: