1/2 Photos of Beef Goulash (Czech)
2 hrs 20 mins
This recipe comes from a cookbook called Anniversary Slovak-American Cookbook, published in 1952. This goulash tastes just like the goulash I ate in Prague.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add onion and cook over low heat until lightly yellowed.
- 2Add paprika and blend well. Add meat, green pepper, salt, and water.
- 3Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- 4Add more water if desired, although mixture should not be overly soupy when finished cooking.
- 5Serve over hot boiled potatoes or topped with dumplings. (I use Bread Dumplings).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Goulash (Czech)
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1646.8
- Calories from Fat 1535
- Total Fat 170.6 g
- Saturated Fat 68.1 g
- Cholesterol 224.7 mg
- Sodium 1228.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g