Recipe by FrenchBunny
Another Naples restaurant recipe I am putting here for safekeeping. I haven't tried it yet. The restaurant serves this with boiled potatoes.
Top Review by breezermom
I increased the paprika in this, but otherwise made as posted. I cooked it down and then made the gravy. This is a little different from any beef goulash I've ever made....more like beef and gravy! But it was delicious over my mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup lard
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 lbs beef stew meat (cubed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch marjoram
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups water (approx)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large stock pot with lid fry onion in lard until golden brown.
- Add meat and paprika and cook until meat is browned.
- Add paprika, marjoram, salt, pepper and garlic and pour 1/2 cup water and cover. Simmer until the meat is tender (about 1 hour).
- As water evaporates add more water to pot.
- When meat is done uncover and let all the water evaporate, then sprinkle the flour and stir until the flour browns. Add 1 cup of water and let simmer another 10-15 minutes longer.