Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 55 mins
To cook the goulash in a crockpot, place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, left whole
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced (about 4 carrots)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- Spray a large Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add onions and brown over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in beef, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Place 1/2 bell pepper on top of meat mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add remaining vegetables and 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 to 30 minutes more.