Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
an adjusted recipe. I got this from my aunt.
Make and share this Beef Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- In a skillet, cook beef untilno longer pink, and drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons, oil over medium heat.
- Add eggs to skillet.
- As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely cooked, remove from skillet, and cut into strips.
- Return to pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir over low heat in remaining oil for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
Normally I make every recipe as posted the first time....but I used ground sirloin to reduce the fat, and I wanted more veggies, so I added mushrooms, carrots, peas, and garlic as well. I used the brown sugar, but not the regular sugar. When I cooked the eggs, I used about 2/3 of the black pepper, thinking I'd add it to the dish if I wanted it afterwards. I also diced the eggs instead of leaving them in strips, just a personal preference. I also didn't use as much oil...trying to reduce the fat. :) Yummy, easy meal! Great after a long hard day at work.
This was delicious. Made it as written, except I cut the pepper to 1/2 teaspoon (I was afraid of 1 tablespoon of pepper LOL ) and I only added the brown sugar. Outstanding flavor, and so very easy to make after a crazy day at work. I used jasmati rice because it cooked faster, but think I will use brown basmati next time and add some julienne carrots or other veggies. Very nice flavor, I was surprised it tasted so good with so few ingredients. Thanks for posting, made for your FOOTBALL POOL WIN, November 2010!
Yep! This is comfort food. DH gave it 5 stars, I thought it was more of a 3. My lips felt greasy, but DH said the flavor was comforting. I like things that knock my socks off. (they say opposites attract). I also threw on some sliced green onions for color like Baby Kato did. I served it with Bacon Cabbage Stir-Fry for some veggies. Thanks for posting. :)