Recipe by weekend cooker
an adjusted recipe. I got this from my aunt.
Top Review by breezermom
Normally I make every recipe as posted the first time....but I used ground sirloin to reduce the fat, and I wanted more veggies, so I added mushrooms, carrots, peas, and garlic as well. I used the brown sugar, but not the regular sugar. When I cooked the eggs, I used about 2/3 of the black pepper, thinking I'd add it to the dish if I wanted it afterwards. I also diced the eggs instead of leaving them in strips, just a personal preference. I also didn't use as much oil...trying to reduce the fat. :) Yummy, easy meal! Great after a long hard day at work.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef untilno longer pink, and drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, and pepper.
- In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons, oil over medium heat.
- Add eggs to skillet.
- As eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely cooked, remove from skillet, and cut into strips.
- Return to pan.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir over low heat in remaining oil for 5 minutes, or until heated through.