Recipe by Nado2003
This recipe is in Japanese Home Style Cooking. I like to see the nutritional values.
- 3⁄4 lb beef, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ginger, finely slivered
- 1 cup dashi or 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄3 tablespoons sake
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- I find it easier to slice meat thinly if it's frozen, but not hard frozen.
- Cut beef into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Place beef and ginger in saucepan.
- Add enough dashi or broth to cover beef, then add sugar, sake, soy sauce and simmer. Stirring occassionally, cook until scarely any broth is left.
- Serve with white rice.