Recipe by bmcnichol
My family loves this side with beef and gravy recipes. We like to shred beef and place it on this rice and then top with gravy. You can also use this using chicken bouillon.
Top Review by Noo
I usually only cook rice with vegetable or chicken stock, and have no explanation why I haven't used beef stock, so thought that I should give it a try.
The flavour was good, and went especially well with the brown rice ( which I love)...I did however, have to cook mine an awful lot longer than stated ( but then no microwave is the same!!) and because of this I ended up adding a lot more water to the rice, to prevent it from burning, as the water had been absorbed without the rice being cooked enough.
No matter, the end result was tasty, and we enjoyed this change.
Made for PRMR.
- 2 teaspoons beef better then bouillon or 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bouillon in the water and add rice. I like using the better then bouillon but haved used bouillon cubes also. You can also use white rice if you prefer.
- I like making this in the microwave but you can also cook it on the stove top.
- In the microwave I cook on high for about 17 minutes.
- Microwaves vary so keep on eye on the rice.
- Fluff rice and serve.