Recipe by MarieRynr
This is truly a special entree for a truly special occasion...Serve with roasted potatoes and steamed haricots vert. Celebrate!
- 6 (1020.58 g) beef tenderloin fillets
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh tarragon
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 73.94 ml butter
- 226.79 g portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 78.07 ml dry red wine
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 85.04 g Stilton cheese or 85.04 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 sprig fresh tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the fillets with the chopped tarragon and pepper. Melt 2 TBS of the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the fillets and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to the desired degree of doneness. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining 3 TBS butter in the skillet. Add the mushrooms. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add the wine. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring to deglaze the skillet. Stir in the sour cream. Add 1/4 cup of the cheese. Cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the fillets. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Garnish with sprigs of tarragon.