Recipe by looneytunesfan
These tasty steaks seem special but they are fast enough for everyday dinners.
Top Review by Lainey39
These are excellent! So very tasty and easy to make. The steaks came out so moist and flavorful. I love mushrooms with steak so this was another great way to include them. I will use this recipe again! Thanks, looneytunesfan.
- 2 (226.79 g) beef tenderloin steaks
- 118.29 ml dry red wine or 118.29 ml reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4.92 ml steak sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml ketchup
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 113.39 g fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 14.79 ml minced chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Combine flour and broth until smooth; whisk into the pan juices. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to the skillet; add mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with pepper, salt and chives if desired.