Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty steaks seem special but they are fast enough for everyday dinners.
- 2 (226.79 g) beef tenderloin steaks
- 118.29 ml dry red wine or 118.29 ml reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4.92 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4.92 ml steak sauce
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml ketchup
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 113.39 g fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 0.59 ml salt
- 14.79 ml minced chives (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Combine flour and broth until smooth; whisk into the pan juices. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to the skillet; add mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with pepper, salt and chives if desired.
These are excellent! So very tasty and easy to make. The steaks came out so moist and flavorful. I love mushrooms with steak so this was another great way to include them. I will use this recipe again! Thanks, looneytunesfan.