Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty steaks seem special but they are fast enough for everyday dinners.
Make and share this Beef Fillets With Portabella Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 ounces fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Combine flour and broth until smooth; whisk into the pan juices. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to the skillet; add mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with pepper, salt and chives if desired.
These are excellent! So very tasty and easy to make. The steaks came out so moist and flavorful. I love mushrooms with steak so this was another great way to include them. I will use this recipe again! Thanks, looneytunesfan.