Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These tasty steaks seem special but they are fast enough for everyday dinners.
Make and share this Beef Fillets With Portabella Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine or 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 ounces fresh baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives (optional)
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits; cook for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Combine flour and broth until smooth; whisk into the pan juices. Add steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks to the skillet; add mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Sprinkle with pepper, salt and chives if desired.
These are excellent! So very tasty and easy to make. The steaks came out so moist and flavorful. I love mushrooms with steak so this was another great way to include them. I will use this recipe again! Thanks, looneytunesfan.