Recipe by oloschiavo
This recipe works just as well with lamb fillets. The couscous is really tasty and a good dish on its own. Can't remember where I got this from.
- 1⁄4 cup mild curry paste
- 750 g filet of beef
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub half of the curry paste over the beef fillet.
- Cook beef in oiled pan until brown all over, but still a bit pink inside.
- Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining curry paste and onion to pan and cook until onion is soft.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and add couscous. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mint and half of the almonds and fluff gently with a fork.
- Slice beef and serve on top of couscous, sprinkling with the remaining almonds.