Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in the paper and wanted to try it out before I posted. This was so wonderful, it was a big hit with my family and I will definitely make this again very soon.
- Trim fat from steaks; melt butter in skillet over high heat.
- Sear steaks on both sides until brown.
- Pour in sherry, use a lower heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes for rare or 10 minutes for medium.
- Remove to warm platter and spoon Béarnaise cream sauce over each steak.
- The Bernaise Sauce.
- A Dash of lemon juice and cayenne.
- Combine shallots, vinegar and tarragon in small saucepan.
- Boil over medium heat, stirring until liquid is evaporated.
- Add butter and mushrooms (slice, if large).
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Pour in 1/4 cup cream.
- Bring to boiling, stir some of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Return to saucepan, cook briefly, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Stir in remaining cream, if needed.
- Add dash of lemon juice and cayenne to taste.
- Sauce can be reheated over hot, not simmering water.
- Prepare the sauce last.