I found this recipe in the paper and wanted to try it out before I posted. This was so wonderful, it was a big hit with my family and I will definitely make this again very soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The Bernaise Sauce
- 1Trim fat from steaks; melt butter in skillet over high heat.
- 2Sear steaks on both sides until brown.
- 3Pour in sherry, use a lower heat.
- 4Simmer 5 minutes for rare or 10 minutes for medium.
- 5Remove to warm platter and spoon Béarnaise cream sauce over each steak.
- 6The Bernaise Sauce.
- 7A Dash of lemon juice and cayenne.
- 8Combine shallots, vinegar and tarragon in small saucepan.
- 9Boil over medium heat, stirring until liquid is evaporated.
- 10Add butter and mushrooms (slice, if large).
- 11Cook until lightly browned.
- 12Pour in 1/4 cup cream.
- 13Bring to boiling, stir some of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- 14Return to saucepan, cook briefly, stirring until slightly thickened.
- 15Stir in remaining cream, if needed.
- 16Add dash of lemon juice and cayenne to taste.
- 17Sauce can be reheated over hot, not simmering water.
- 18Prepare the sauce last.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Fillets W/ Bearnaise Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.6
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef