1/3 Photos of Beef Fillet Steaks With Pepper Thyme Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
I decided to have a treat the other night and buy some nice thick fillet steaks as we have not had a good steak in awhile. With all the food prices going up so dramatically this one-two time a week enjoyed cut of beef has now become one-two time a month affair, here's hoping food prices come down again soon. This is a simple recipe that pairs well with steak and does not require lots of effort, feel free to serve this with a cheaper cut of beef or with your favourite cut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, cook beef on both sides, until cooked as desired. Transfer to a warm oven to keep warm.
- 2If like me you have very thick steaks I find I can not cook them to a medium rare on the stove, without burning the outside so I finish them off in the oven for about 15 Min's, on a higher heat setting.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same pan, add celery, onion and garlic, cook, stirring until vegetables soften.
- 4Add wine; stir until liquid is reduced by half, add cream, peppercorns and stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, about 5 Min's or until sauce thickens slightly. Stir in thyme leaves, serve immediately over steak.
- 5I served mine over celeriac mash and a carrot casserole as a side but serve with your favourite veg and potato.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Fillet Steaks With Pepper Thyme Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.9
- Calories from Fat 285
- Total Fat 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.8 mg
- Sodium 39.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef stock granules