Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef fillet in coconut. No time allowed for the beef marinating.
Make and share this Beef Fillet in Coconut recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g filet of beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 spring onions, 3 spring onions cut into long strips
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Cut the beef into thin slices.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon rind, ginger, coriander, turmeric, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the oil, add the beef and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or frypan; add the beef and stir fry in batches until well browned.
- Add the coconut and spring onion and fry for 1 minute; return all the meat and juices to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until heated; serve over rice.
10 stars! Not many recipes, as much as I love them, actually make the regular 'rotation'. Especially since I rarely make the same thing twice. BUT this recipe.... was so fast & so delicious! AND it's beautiful! The turmeric plus the coconut milk gave it a lovely yellow hue. I added the lemon juice along with the zest so it was probably more lemony than it was supposed to be beut it was fantastic & loved by all. I used 7 chicken cutlets for 4 people & should have made much more. :o I served it over basmati rice with garlicky kale on the side. THANK YOU, Jan!! I think this would be good with any meat or tofu or tempeh. xoxo Bethie