Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Beef fillet in coconut. No time allowed for the beef marinating.
- 500 g filet of beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 spring onions, 3 spring onions cut into long strips
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- Cut the beef into thin slices.
- Mix together the garlic, lemon rind, ginger, coriander, turmeric, sugar and 2 tablespoons of the oil, add the beef and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or frypan; add the beef and stir fry in batches until well browned.
- Add the coconut and spring onion and fry for 1 minute; return all the meat and juices to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until heated; serve over rice.
10 stars! Not many recipes, as much as I love them, actually make the regular 'rotation'. Especially since I rarely make the same thing twice. BUT this recipe.... was so fast & so delicious! AND it's beautiful! The turmeric plus the coconut milk gave it a lovely yellow hue. I added the lemon juice along with the zest so it was probably more lemony than it was supposed to be beut it was fantastic & loved by all. I used 7 chicken cutlets for 4 people & should have made much more. :o I served it over basmati rice with garlicky kale on the side. THANK YOU, Jan!! I think this would be good with any meat or tofu or tempeh. xoxo Bethie