Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Olive Garden Copycat
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 (6 ounce) beef steak fillets
- 1 dash parsley, finely chopped
- rosemary sprig, for garnish
- HEAT oil and butter in large saute pan over medium heat. Add sliced onion, salt, and pepper.
- COOK 10 minutes or until caramelized (softened and golden brown), stirring frequently.
- ADD wine, broth, vinegar and chopped rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- RUB beef filets with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Grill to preferred temperature.
- PLACE grilled filets on a large platter; top with sauce. Garnish with parsley and rosemary.