Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A Hugely flavourful gourmet looking - meal.
- 4 1⁄2 inches thick beef tenderloin
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock (reduced to 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Two hours before cooking - rub a little oil on each tenderloin - sprinkle with Garlic Powder and pepper both sides.
- Loosely wrap in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- One hour before cooking remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- rub a little more oil on each filet.
- Heat a non stick skillet until water beads (quite hot). Sear the filets for ONE minute on each side.
- remove immediately from pan and set on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- In the same skillet - on medium to medium high heat add shallots and red wine.
- reduce to a glaze.
- Add beef stock and reduce to a syrupy consistency (abut 10 - 12 mins).
- Add cream and cook until sauce has a beigy color.
- Remove from heat until about 5 mins before serving.
- In a food processor combine the butter and blue cheese set aside for the sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- on a grill pan - place the filets in the oven for 20 minutes (for med rare pictured here).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 mins before slicing.
- Heat your sauce gently - put spoon size dollops of the butter and cheese mixture in the pan melting and mixing together.
- lightly salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve- on a plate pour a puddle of the sauce - and place the meat on top.
- Pictured is steamed Green Beans and Cauliflower and a Ceasar Salad. Extremely Low Carb.