1/4 Photos of Beef Filet With Blue Cheese Sauce
2 hrs 20 mins
A Hugely flavourful gourmet looking - meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Two hours before cooking - rub a little oil on each tenderloin - sprinkle with Garlic Powder and pepper both sides.
- 2Loosely wrap in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
- 3One hour before cooking remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- 4rub a little more oil on each filet.
- 5Heat a non stick skillet until water beads (quite hot). Sear the filets for ONE minute on each side.
- 6remove immediately from pan and set on wire rack to cool for 30 minutes.
- 7In the same skillet - on medium to medium high heat add shallots and red wine.
- 8reduce to a glaze.
- 9Add beef stock and reduce to a syrupy consistency (abut 10 - 12 mins).
- 10Add cream and cook until sauce has a beigy color.
- 11Remove from heat until about 5 mins before serving.
- 12In a food processor combine the butter and blue cheese set aside for the sauce.
- 13Preheat oven to 350.
- 14on a grill pan - place the filets in the oven for 20 minutes (for med rare pictured here).
- 15Remove from oven and let rest for 5 mins before slicing.
- 16Heat your sauce gently - put spoon size dollops of the butter and cheese mixture in the pan melting and mixing together.
- 17lightly salt and pepper to taste.
- 18To serve- on a plate pour a puddle of the sauce - and place the meat on top.
- 19Pictured is steamed Green Beans and Cauliflower and a Ceasar Salad. Extremely Low Carb.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Filet With Blue Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 717.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g