Recipe by VickyJ
This is posted from a request, and I found it on another web site. If you cannot find the pickled peppercorns, someone that made the recipe (Scrivener1) used capers.
- 4 (8 -10 ounce) filet of beef
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream (I'm sure you could use half-n-half also)
- 4 tablespoons green pickled peppercorns (you can also use pink peppercorns or capers if you want, or a mixture)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by coarsely grinding three tablespoons of the peppercorns, ideally in a mortar, though a blender will work.
- Heat the olive oil and butter, and sear the filets on both sides, then reduce the flame and cook them until they reach the stage of doneness you prefer, at the most 10 minutes in all.
- Remove them to a heated platter.
- Pour the brandy into the pan, light it, and gently stir until the flames have gone out. At this point stir in the cream (add it slowly) and the peppercorns, season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper, and spoon it over the filets.