Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sort of a semi-Asian approach to fajitas. Adapted from the Kikkoman website, but I use lite (lower sodium) versions of the soy & teriyaki sauces. They also spread butter on tortillas before adding meat & toppings; I omit the butter. Preparation time does not include 2 hours for the pico de gallo to set, covered, before using.
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, cut in 4-5 inch x 1/4 inch strips
- 2⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- flour tortilla
- sour cream
- Make pico de gallo: place avocado thru pepper in a bowl; stir in onion thru lime juice; let stand, covered, 2 hours.
- Combine soy sauce & lime juice; use to marinate meat 15 minutes, turning pieces over once.
- Broil or grill meat about 4 inches from heat source 3 minutes (for medium-rare) or to desired doneness.
- Warm tortillas in 325º oven.
- To assemble, top ½ each tortilla w/ meat, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Wonderful fajitas. We had these for lunch yesterday and loved them.
These were excellent fajitas. The Pico de Gallo went together perfectly with the flavor of the meat. I made these as written with just a few minor changes for personal taste. I added an extra Tablespoon of cilantro to the Pico de Gallo, and I added 2 cloves minced garlic to the marinade. Also, I marinated the meat for 1 hour. I sauteed the meat in a cast iron skillet until almost done and then I added strips of red and green bell pepper and red onion. I served these with sour cream and my recipe#142062. My family loved these and gave them 2 thumbs up. Thank you for this fantastic recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
These are superb fajitas! Very simple to prepare. I made as directed without any alterations. Perfect as written : ) The Pico de Gallo really sets this apart from the others! Thanks again, Echoecho, for another wonderful recipe : )