1/5 Photos of Beef Fajitas With Pico De Gallo
echo echo's Note:
Sort of a semi-Asian approach to fajitas. Adapted from the Kikkoman website, but I use lite (lower sodium) versions of the soy & teriyaki sauces. They also spread butter on tortillas before adding meat & toppings; I omit the butter. Preparation time does not include 2 hours for the pico de gallo to set, covered, before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, cut in 4-5 inch x 1/4 inch strips
- 2/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- flour tortilla
- sour cream
- 1Make pico de gallo: place avocado thru pepper in a bowl; stir in onion thru lime juice; let stand, covered, 2 hours.
- 2Combine soy sauce & lime juice; use to marinate meat 15 minutes, turning pieces over once.
- 3Broil or grill meat about 4 inches from heat source 3 minutes (for medium-rare) or to desired doneness.
- 4Warm tortillas in 325º oven.
- 5To assemble, top ½ each tortilla w/ meat, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Fajitas With Pico De Gallo
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.3
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 1458.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 33.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light teriyaki sauce