Recipe by echo echo
Sort of a semi-Asian approach to fajitas. Adapted from the Kikkoman website, but I use lite (lower sodium) versions of the soy & teriyaki sauces. They also spread butter on tortillas before adding meat & toppings; I omit the butter. Preparation time does not include 2 hours for the pico de gallo to set, covered, before using.
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 lbs skirt steaks, cut in 4-5 inch x 1/4 inch strips
- 2⁄3 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- flour tortilla
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Make pico de gallo: place avocado thru pepper in a bowl; stir in onion thru lime juice; let stand, covered, 2 hours.
- Combine soy sauce & lime juice; use to marinate meat 15 minutes, turning pieces over once.
- Broil or grill meat about 4 inches from heat source 3 minutes (for medium-rare) or to desired doneness.
- Warm tortillas in 325º oven.
- To assemble, top ½ each tortilla w/ meat, pico de gallo and sour cream.