The homemade salsa makes this dish. I think you could also easily use chicken instead of beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g thick rump steak or 250 g sirloin steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground chili
- 3 limes
- 150 g frozen peas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, chopped
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 small red chilies or 2 small green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 soft tortillas
- 1 bunch watercress, to garnish
- tzatziki or Greek yogurt, to garnish
- 1Lay the steak out on a plate.
- 2Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and smear half the garlic on both sides of the steak.
- 3Mix together the cumin, coriander and chilli in a small bowl and spread it evenly over the steak with your fingers.
- 4Leave the steak for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze one of the limes over the top.
- 5Put a small pan of water on to boil, then add the peas.
- 6Boil for a couple minutes, then drain and cool.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small bowl squeeze the juice of one lime over the avocado.
- 8Add the onion, remaining garlic, tomatoes and mix.
- 9Trim and split the chillies, scrape away their seeds (unless you want to keep a few seeds for heat) and dice finely.
- 10Add those to the avocado salsa, along with the cold peas and fresh coriander, and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cook the steak by heating a griddle pan until very hot.
- 12Lay the steak in the pan, cook for two minutes, turn and repeat on the other side.
- 13Continue until cooked as you like it, then let rest for a few minutes before slicing the steak thinly.
- 14Fan the steak across a platter and edge the plate with watercress and lime wedges.
- 15Serve with the salsa, tzatziki or yogurt, and the tortillas.
- 16Let everyone roll their own for messy but fun eating!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Fajitas with Avocado and Pea Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1022.2
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 1088.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.7 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 48.2 g