The homemade salsa makes this dish. I think you could also easily use chicken instead of beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g thick rump steak or 250 g sirloin steaks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground chili
- 3 limes
- 150 g frozen peas
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, chopped
- 4 ripe vine tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 small red chilies or 2 small green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 soft tortillas
- 1 bunch watercress, to garnish
- tzatziki or Greek yogurt, to garnish
- 1Lay the steak out on a plate.
- 2Sprinkle it with salt and pepper and smear half the garlic on both sides of the steak.
- 3Mix together the cumin, coriander and chilli in a small bowl and spread it evenly over the steak with your fingers.
- 4Leave the steak for 10-15 minutes, then squeeze one of the limes over the top.
- 5Put a small pan of water on to boil, then add the peas.
- 6Boil for a couple minutes, then drain and cool.
- 7Meanwhile, in a small bowl squeeze the juice of one lime over the avocado.
- 8Add the onion, remaining garlic, tomatoes and mix.
- 9Trim and split the chillies, scrape away their seeds (unless you want to keep a few seeds for heat) and dice finely.
- 10Add those to the avocado salsa, along with the cold peas and fresh coriander, and season with salt and pepper.
- 11Cook the steak by heating a griddle pan until very hot.
- 12Lay the steak in the pan, cook for two minutes, turn and repeat on the other side.
- 13Continue until cooked as you like it, then let rest for a few minutes before slicing the steak thinly.
- 14Fan the steak across a platter and edge the plate with watercress and lime wedges.
- 15Serve with the salsa, tzatziki or yogurt, and the tortillas.
- 16Let everyone roll their own for messy but fun eating!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Fajitas with Avocado and Pea Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (888 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1022.2
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.7 mg
- Sodium 1088.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.7 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 48.2 g