Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 hrs
To serve this dish, use a slotted spoon to spoon steak mixture onto warm tortillas. Top with cheese, guacomole, sour cream and salsa, if desired. Roll up tortillas. This is so delicious, and so easy - after a long days work, all you have to do is roll the tortillas, and add a nice salad, and you have a great meal.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, cup into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 12 flour tortillas (7-inch)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (up to 3 tsp) (optional)
- shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
- Trim fat from steak. Cut steak into 6 portions. Combine steak, onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, coriander, garlic, and salt in crockery pot. Add undrained tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. (or cook on high for 4-5 hours).
- Set oven to 350°F To heat tortillas, wrap them in foil and bake for 10-15 minutes or until softened. Remove steak from cooker and shred. Return to cooker. Stir in lime juice, if desired.