Recipe by Karen From Colorado
We have this easy and delicious Mexican dish often served with beans and rice. The better cut of meat you use, the more tender it is.
Top Review by MizzNezz
These were super! Karen, you do have a way with Mexican food! I used sirloin steak and the red onion, and added a little minced garlic. Served this with a jicama salad and Mexican soup. Thank you Karen, we will use this one a lot!
- 1 lb beef steak, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion (I prefer the taste of red onions)
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- warmed tortilla
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially freeze meat for easier slicing.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add steak strips to the oil.
- Stir-fry until meat loses its pink color.
- Remove meat from pan.
- Add additional oil to the pan if needed.
- Cook onions and bell pepper until crisp tender.
- Return meat to pan.
- Add the water, chili powder, cumin, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook and stir until the water is gone.
- Stir in the tomatoes.
- Heat through.
- Place some of the meat in a warm tortilla leaving the bottom half free.
- Top with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
- Fold sides and bottom in leaving the top open.