This easy salad features colorful peppers, beans, tomato and tender strips of beef. The beef marinates for only 10 minutes, but gets great flavor from the lime juice, cilantro and chili powder.
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, sliced and halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, cilantro, garlic and chili powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook the peppers and onion in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove and keep warm. Add beef with marinade to the skillet; cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender and mixture comes to a boil. Add beans and pepper mixture; heat through.
- Divide the salad greens among four bowls; top each with 1-1/4 cups beef mixture, 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1-1/2 teaspoons salsa.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I love citrus, so the lime really made this dish for me. Substituted rice for the beans and it worked out great.
EXCELLENT recipe! Great tasting and easy, this is one that I will definitely make again and again.