Recipe by Gingerbee
Great refreshingly simple dish quick to make and for all to enjoy during Mexican cookoff! Summer easy and will fill the hungry man! I made this last night and everyone loved it! It was on a supermarket flyer I picked up at the meat counter in Albertson's.
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
This is a good recipe but be careful when making it...the ingredients are not in the right order so carefully read before making. The oil is also left out of the ingredient list. I used chicken since we enjoy that more in fajitas and salsa instead of picante sauce. Reworked, this could be a good recipe. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb skirt steaks or 1 lb top round steaks or 1 lb flank steak, cut to 3/4 inch thick
- 3⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes, quarters
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, oil, garlic, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish; Add beef, cover, and marinate in refrigerator, for at least 4 hours.
- Remove beef and cook as desired (grilled, pan fried or broiled) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Slice meat diagonally into bite-size pieces.
- Combine rice, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onions in a large bowl.
- Arrange mixture over shredded lettuce.
- Place beef on top.
- Serve with picante sauce and sour cream.