4 hrs 30 mins
A scrumptious Italian beef recipe that's easy and impressive! If your stockpot doesn't close tightly you may have to baste as it bakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2In a large, lidded, oven-safe stockpot, over low heat, melt the butter. Add the corn oil and stir to mix.
- 3Add sliced onions, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring to avoid burning as necessary. While onions are cooking, rub the salt and pepper over the roast.
- 4Remove onions to a bowl. Turn heat to medium, brown roast in the stockpot, turning about every five minutes to brown all sides.
- 5Add wine, cook for five minutes.
- 6Stir sugars into coffee, add to stockpot. Return onions to stockpot.
- 7Cover stockpot, place in oven for 4 hours.
- 8Let sit for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with the sauce and onions.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Espresso
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 999.4
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.4 g
- Cholesterol 271.2 mg
- Sodium 1482.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 79.1 g