Recipe by Ruthie Warren
If you like Hamburger Helper Beef Enchilada, well this is my version. And I know everything that is in it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 10 -12 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch squares, Raw
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry up hamburger with onion, garlic, salt and pepper, Drain.
- After it's browned, add water and enchilada sauce together, to make two cups liquid. Bring to boil.
- While you are waiting on your liquid to boil drain the Beans.
- Add the Beans, Corn Tortillas, 2 cups Instant Rice.
- Cover, and turn off the heat. For 10 minutes.
- Top finished product with cheese and sour cream.
- Serve warm.