Recipe by Brookelynne26
From Made with Love. The cookbook recipe suggests using Old El Paso mild Enchilada Sauce
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- 10 2⁄3 ounces condensed tomato soup
- 10 ounces mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Brown the ground beef with the onion in a large sauté pan. Drain and set aside.
- In another saute pan, warm the oil over medium heat, and lightly cook the tortillas, turning once, just until heated through and pliable.
- In a medium bowl, mix the enchilada sauce and tomato soup together. Dip each tortilla in the mixture and fill with ground beef, a drizzle of the sauce and a sprinkling of cheese. Roll up and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and serve with desired accompaniments.