Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These beef enchiladas are easy and quick to make, a recipe the whole family will enjoy. Another great recipe from This Morning Healthy Starts.
- 10 1⁄2 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) large tin chopped tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons tomato based salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 green chili peppers, sliced
- 4 flour tortillas
- 3 1⁄2 ounces refried beans
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the beef over a medium heat, until browned.
- Drain off excess fat and stir in the tomatoes, salsa, chili pepper and chili. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. You can also use package enchilada sauce for convenience.
- Spread the tortillas with the refried beans, then spoon the beef down the centre of each one.
- Roll up, place on a plate and sprinkle with cheese. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat in the microwave.
- Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes.