Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and kids love it! If u prefer Ground turkey, it can be used instead of beef.
- 3⁄4 lb ground sirloin
- 3⁄4 cup dice green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided (8oz)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild salsa (whichever u prefer) or 1 1⁄2 cups hot salsa (whichever u prefer)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Brown meat in a skillet, stirring to break into crumbles.
- Add bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and add taco seasoning with 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until sauce gets thick, strirring occasionally to prevent sticking on the botoom.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup cup meat mixture evenly down center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Spoon salsa evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 18 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on the side.
YUMMY!!! I've made this recipe 4 or 5 times now. Loved especially by DH. I added some chopped onion and used whole wheat tortilla wraps. Next I will try it with chicken. This is a recipe you definately want to try.
Five stars for taste and ease of preparation. I made this exactly as directed... except I may have gone a little heavy on the cheese. DH really loved this one, so it will definitely be a repeat at our house.