Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mom created this recipe and when I tried it I was amazed! It is very, very tasty and super easy to make. Tip: If you have extra filling, like I did, just pour over the top of tortillas and top with extra cheese. You could then add salsa, olives, etc. on top as well. Special Note: I put in 8 oz. cans as I could not remember the can size of each ingredient. Just pick up the normal can size for each item at your grocery store.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans enchilada sauce (red kind)
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 16 ounces shredded cheese
- 8 -10 inches tortillas
- Brown ground beef with chopped onion.
- Simmer beef with all remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Cool and mix with shredded cheese.
- Roll in tortillas.
- Bake in greased 11 x 14 inch pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
The photo doesn't do this justice - so good. I used 1 medium and 1 mild enchilada sauce (10 oz. each) - if your not a spicy food fan, stick with mild, 4.5 oz can of green chilies, 10 oz. can of rotel, 15 oz. can of black beans, and i cut the cheese in half in an attempt to make it a little healthier (hahaha), and i could only fit 6 tortillas in my dish, so i poured the rest of the filling on top, and baked. My super picky boyfriend went back for seconds. Thanks for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2009