Recipe by slkendrick
This is a FABULOUS recipe for beef enchiladas! I got this recipe from my stepmom several years ago...and my family just loves them! I usually serve them with Mexican rice and a salad! This makes a big batch so there are always leftovers! Enjoy!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 10 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 (8 ounce) monterey jack cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat with onions. Drain fat.
- Roll meat, cheese and onions in tortillas. (I use one bag to roll and one to top!).
- To make sauce: Melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add sour cream.
- Slowly add chicken broth and taco seasoning.
- Stir until thick and pour over enchiladas.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and add top layer of cheese.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.